Get the forms you need.
Dubuque Family Eye Care is ready to resume complete, comprehensive eye health and vision care in accordance with the American Optometric Association (AOA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) officials and Iowa’s Economic Recovery Task Force for reopening of businesses.
Our goal is to responsibly and ethically service patients in the safest, most sanitary environment possible. We resume normal business hours on May 18th and we will begin seeing a reduced number of patients to allow for social distancing and more time to sanitize between patients. This is a fluid plan that can change rapidly based on the health of the community as well as any city or state guidelines.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, staff, and doctors. We realize not all patients will be comfortable coming back into the office setting right away and we will still offer telehealth appointments, especially for at-risk patients.
When Scheduling an Appointment
- We will need to gather as much information as possible by phone PRIOR to the appointment in order to limit the amount of time in the office. Anyone not completing this process prior to their appointment may be rescheduled.
- We will be asking the following questions and gathering the following information:
- COVID-19 related questions:
- Have you run a fever greater than 100.3 in the last 14 days?
- Had a cough or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with Covid-19?
- Demographic information:
- Name, address, DOB, phone number, email address
- Vision plan – including insured name, DOB and SSN
- Medical plan – including insured name, DOB and SSN
- Please have your current ID and Medical Insurance Cards ready and available upon entry to the office.
- You may also receive a call from one of our technicians at some point prior to your exam to review your reason for visit, ocular and medical history, medications, etc. Normally, he or she would start your exam with this, but we may call ahead to reduce your face-to-face time in the office.
Limited Entry to the Office
- Entry to the office will be by appointment only. This includes not only exams, but also pickups and frame adjustments.
- Curbside pickups are still preferred to maintain social distance and do not require an appointment -just call the office when you arrive. If you would like to come inside for a pickup and/or a frame adjustment, we ask that you call to schedule an appointment.
- Doors will remain locked to help reduce the number of patients entering the office. No personal guests will be allowed entry in the office (with the exception of one parent/guardian for minors or special needs patients).
- While we do not anticipate our normal volume of patients in the building as we are starting with a limited number of appointments, please attempt to maintain social distance from other patients.
When You Arrive
- When you arrive at the office, please stay in your car and call to let us know you are here. When your exam room is ready, we will call you back and greet you at the door.
- We are asking anyone entering the building to bring a face mask and to wear it at all times. If you do not have one, we have them available for a small fee. For your protection, our staff will be wearing face masks as well.
- We will check to ensure your temperature is not over 100.3 with a non-contact thermometer. If your temperature is over 100.3 you will need to reschedule.
- When entering the building, you will be escorted to the sink to wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds prior to starting.
Exam Room and Testing Rooms
- We ALWAYS have rigorous sanitation and disinfection practices at our office as we routinely examine and treat patients with highly infectious eye diseases. As usual, we will maintain universal precautions and sanitation procedures as rooms are cleaned between every patient.
- We realize that certain portions of your testing and examination will require close proximity to our staff members and doctors, but we will do our best to protect you and ourselves at all times.
- Our opticians and frame stylists will assist you in frame selection. All frames will be sanitized after being handled so we ask that you not place them back on the shelves. Fortunately, our frame gallery is one of the largest in Dubuque which aids in social distancing.
Our Doctors and Staff
- As part of our pledge the following recommended guidelines are in place:
- These are:
- Screen all employees reporting to work for COVID-19 symptoms
- Temperature screening of employees
- Direct any employee who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms to leave premises and seek medical care and/or testing per CDC guidelines.
- Implement workplace cleaning and disinfection
- Mitigate exposure in the workplace – this means social distancing and modifying work schedule
- Stay home when feeling ill.
- Increase hygiene practices, wash hands frequently, avoid touching the face.
- Wear a face mask covering while at work.
- Practice recommended social distancing as much as possible.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We are so excited to be able to serve you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Lynn Lester & The Dubuque Family Eye Care Team
PS: Brighter days are ahead AND we’ve got a great selection of sunglasses to help you prepare!!